4.12.2010

shopaholic : liberty of london



while out running errands with my folks this afternoon, we passed by a full bloom cherry blossom tree... ah yes, it's spring. and with spring comes many traditional and non-traditional happenings, i.e. spring cleaning, spring love, but for myself, spring is a time of new awakenings/thoughts/beginnings. a renewed self-awareness.

this spring, the spirit of beginning anew is awakened once again and feel that this type of passion is what must have propelled many entrepreneurs to begin long lasting creations. liberty of london, which is a 'must visit' on my next trip to london, i feel began with one person and their vision to create something that they believed in.


since 1875, liberty has been synonymous with luxury and great design. arthur liberty's intuitive vision and pioneering spirit led him to travel the world looking for individual pieces to inspire and excite his discerning clientele.


i truly hope that one day, no matter how small or large, i will also be able to make the vision in my mind a reality.

// liberty of london

2 comments:

EMi. said...

It's my first time commenting!
(I was introduced to your blog by the lovely Shimooosh and since have been a fan<3)

Liberty of London is adorable!( almost as much as Vivienne Westwood... )
I inherited a vintage Liberty of London custom-made dress from my great-aunt, and it has been a treasure of mine ever since!

satsuki shibuya said...

hi emyli!
thank you so much for following my blog~ <3 and thanks to shimoshimo for the introduction~

really?! do you have a picture of the dress? would love to see~ i definitely need to go see this place in person soon!