4.09.2010

happy birthday (card) dad!


every year for my dad's (or anyone in my family for that matter) birthday, we always give each other a card. while growing up, i remember my parents saying to me that more than any materialistic item you may give someone, your thoughts towards that individual is what will last the longest. since then, when i receive a gift, although very thankful for any 'thing' that i may receive, the card that someone gives me is the main course of the present.

for the past few years now since practicing design, i have been creating these 'cards' from the computer, but this year, i decided that i wanted to go back to my foundation card-making process (discovered when i was 3) and create a-la-analog. a bit strange at first to be making something all by hand, but as i began the process, i was beginning to re-discover why i love what i do. i love creating things. i love the process of making something and the tactile satisfaction of holding it in my hand after it's finished.

dad, it's not your birthday yet, but your card is ready. can't wait to give it to you!

1 comments:

taryn said...

aw i love the card... i love making things too~ (: