1.04.2011

i {heart} work : keiko+keiko

off to japan starting today to visit friends and family! i haven't been back for about 2 years now so very excited to be able to go! i'm especially looking forward to the eats, little shops and my all time favorite, convenience stores/vending machines. i'm not sure what it is about them, but when i see one, i have to either venture inside or have to purchase a juice just so that i can experience pushing the button. it's an addiction i tell you.

also, another reason why this trip is very meaningful to me is that lately i've been yearning to connect with japanese culture. being born and raised in los angeles by my japan-born parents, i've always felt in limbo, but never had a deep need to connect with the culture directly until recently. maybe it's because i'm getting older? i'm not sure, but the culture does intrigue me and i would love to learn more about my background. 

during my wedding dinner, which is why i'm currently traveling to singapore and japan, i wore a traditional japanese wedding kimono and was wondering if there was any modern items that one could carry with them instead of opting to use a normal handbag. little did i know, there is a genre out there for kimono wear goods! 

one that caught my attention was by desgner keiko+keiko. although the items are specifically created to be used when wearing a kimono, i can see myself using many of the items with my everyday outfits. elegant and unimposing, i feel dainty already.

// keiko+keiko

2 comments:

alli/hooray said...

these are beautiful! hope you're having a great trip so far!

satsuki shibuya said...

alli: aren't they? i love them all! :D thank you so much!!