9.03.2010

i {heart} work : liv bargman

can i just start off by saying... i love liv bargman's color palate! yes! reminds me of a sunny summer afternoon in front of the ice cream truck figuring out which flavor/type of ice cream i was going to stuff into my face.

coincidentally, my mom was looking over my shoulder while writing this post and all she could say (in japanese, but translated) was, "oh my.... i love the colors! just beautiful! i would love to create a japanese kimono print with her work!" i was thinking, yes! that would be divine. i would wear it even if it's not for a special occasion just because it would make me happy looking at myself in her artwork.

needless to say, her illustration style gives a feeling of fantastical, playful, wonderfulness with a touch of how should i say... refinement? hmm... purpose! yes, of purpose. that every element she drew feels that it was meant to be placed where it is and yet it doesn't feel up tight. just adorable!

looking at the lower 3D paper piece, it would be great if that was a cuckoo clock made out of paper! i would put it in my studio instantly!

// liv bargman

0 comments: