3.31.2010

a little thought can go a long way.



so for my last posting this month, i wanted to share something a little bit more personal, since... a positive outlook is a nice way to approach a new month, me thinks.

a few years ago, while still in school, a friend of mine, ms. amy shimoshige of cowroo design, equal parts funny and talented, came up to me during class and gave me the above little drawing. the style of illustration (mr. chaplin) with the hand-scripted line just made me laugh. it was so adorable. but the thought behind it, whimsical and warm, was what has led me to treasure the gesture since. now i have it pasted on my desk and look at it when i am having a tough day. it reminds me of the many people who have graciously supported me this far, the many wonderful individuals who i have met in my life and that i am not alone during the times when i feel that i am the only one fighting to get up that mountain. it has allowed me to overcome obstacles when i felt like it was easier to just say 'forget it'.

a small gesture, a simple thought of making someone smile and noticing the small details is what i want to strive for in my work... and life. although grand luxuries and oogles of money might make some happy, which i am not saying is bad as we are all different, for me, i want to enjoy and notice all the little things that otherwise can pass by in an instant. thank you amy for allowing me to stop and notice this moment.

// cowroo design

0 comments: